Pages

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Rome : Day 2


We were very relieved since the public transport had started to operate back on the second day. From our hostel, we needed to take bus to the nearest Metro Station. After that, we had to ride the metro to Roma Termini. We were quite dumbfounded when we reached the Anagnina Metro Station (the nearest station from our hostel). We did not know where to buy the tickets and the station was really big. Again, luckily we met a really kind lady. She offered to show us the way to the ticket machine. It was amazing how she could speak basic English. Most of Italians that we met could not speak English.

Taking the metro saved us a lot of Euros as it only costed about 6 bucks for the daily pass. Happy faces riding the metro. Weeeee~



Then, we had our breakfast at a halal fast food restaurant, Kin's Crunchy Chicken. I could not hold my excitement when we were there. The fried chickens were so yummy-licious! It tasted a bit like KFC. Sedaaaaaap sangat! The workers were so nice, they gave us a plate of free fried chickens. I almost cried with happiness. Over! :p So, you people MUST come here. The price was affordable since each meal would be below 10 euro.



The key to travelling is, you need a happy tummy for sight-seeing. We were all very 'energized' after having our breakfast. We were practically jumping up and down upon reaching the Colosseum. It was surreal how we finally got to visit the Colosseum. Seeing it with our own eyes gave off a totally different feeling than seeing it in paintings and on television. I am sure everyone knows about this place. I learned this in History some time ago. It is the largest amphitheater in the world. There is also history behind it but I will let you google it yourself. :p 

To enter Colosseum, you will need tickets. You have to queue an endless line if you were to buy it there. So, it is best if you buy it online. You can save your time queuing all day and the tickets are much cheaper too! 







I also discovered a really interesting function in my camera. I did not know what it is called. But you get to choose what color you wanted to be in the pictures. That explained why lots of pictures after that had this effect. We even held a mini photo shoot using this effect. Excited kids we were. ^^






The tickets that we purchased included the entrance to the Colosseum as well as the Palatino which is just a few steps away from the Colosseum. I never heard of it before till I went to Rome. Basically, I did not know anything about it. And so without knowing anything, we embark on the endless journey inside the Palatino. It was soooooo big and full of beautiful buildings. No matter how far we walked, we still had not reach the end. Literally endless. :( My feet screamed with every step I took. I could feel sweats dripping down my forehead as the sun was scorching hot. Cewah dramatic la sikit kan.




Lastly, we headed to the Vatican City. It was quite far from the two places that we had to take the metro. An interesting fact about Vatican City is, it is an independent state! We met an Indonesian lady and had a chat with her. She said the interior of the church was really beautiful and highly-recommended us to go see it. But by the time we arrived it was already closed. We voiced to her our worry since there were lots of pickpockets in Italy and we were really anxious. Then, she said something that left a really deep impression on me. I need to quote her!

'Kalau kita orangnya baik, maka ketemunya orang yang baik kayak kalian. Kita harus positif''

I was so touched by her words. Later that day, I spoke in Indonesian till night. :') I wish I could write more but my memory is failing me considering the fact that it has been 2 months since my summer holiday.In the next entry, I will write about Florence and Venice. If I am in the mood, I will also blog about my spring break to Manchester and Liverpool.  I really hope it will be helpful if you are to travel to those places. :)

3 comments:

  1. waaa beshnya function camera tu...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heheh. tu la. excited molek bile tahu function tuh. nanti yaya update psl venice pulok. tmpt huk cik ngah nak gi tuuu~ :p

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Free Blog Template by June Lily